A smart investment philosophy
At Kinetic we acknowledge the importance of sustainability for all companies. As fund managers, we have an active role to play by investing in companies that are taking responsibility for Environmental, Social and Governance Policy (ESG) issues and are actively monitoring their compliance with best practice in ESG. Our involvement in ESG reflects our obligation to clients to both maximise long term returns and manage risk. By improving our understanding of individual company’s management of ESG issues, we aim to achieve above average, long term sustainable returns.
UN Principles for Responsible Investment
We believe that the formal incorporation of ESG factors into overall investment analysis has become essential and therefore have actively sought to incorporate ESG analysis into our investment process. As a part of this commitment, in July 2010 Kinetic became a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI).
The UN PRI is the overarching framework of our ESG philosophy and as such, we commit to the following:
- We will incorporate ESG issues into our investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues from entitles in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the UN PRI within the investment industry.
- We will work to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the UN PRI.
- We will report on our activities and progress towards implementing the UN PRI.